Hopefully this will work and we will be able to get to know each other a little better :)
What grade level do you currently teach? Subject? How long have you been at your current position? What is your favorite part of teaching?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I currently am teaching high school math. I teach Algebra I, Algebra II, and Elementary Functions. I have been teaching high school for the past three years. Prior to that I taught seventh grade for four years. One of the goals in both districts that I have worked in has been literacy across the curriculum. I believe that it is important in all content areas since it is ultimately our form of communication. That is why I decided to pursue my masters degree in reading and language arts. It has been an interesting experience and I have been able to apply most of the reading projects and assignments into the math setting.
My favorite part of teaching is the kids. Watching them develop as learners and as people is an amazing experience. I also enjoy taking the math that they are studying and helping them make connections to how they will use it outside of the classroom.
test
Hi,
I too am struggling with my old account as I try posting something to this blog. Note the two tests listed in response to your comments.
Just want to say that you are in a great position in your job and I think that this program will be important to your work with middle school students. Especially, if you are able to use new literacies in your classroom-
Dr. Kurkjian
am I in?
ok it looks as though this is working. I am a 7th and 8th grade reading teacher in Farmington. I went back part time after my son was born and have just returned to work full time. So between work and school and having a 22 month old running around- it's a bit challenging. I love my job and enjoy sharing reading experiences with my students. I am looking forward to learning how to use more technology in my classroom this year to help my reluctant readers.
-Denise
At the present time I am teaching eighth grade reading in a cluster of 6 teachers (Math, History, Language Arts, Science, and Resource, Reading). There are three eighth grade clusters in the Rogers Park Middle School located in Danbury, CT. I have taught 8th grade reading for 4 1/2 years, 7th and 8th grade reading for 2 years, Resource for 4 years, Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Self-contained Special Ed., and Elementary (K,2,4,5). A little bit of everything.
I love teaching students and love to learn from them. I decided to become a Reading Consultant because in all the areas that I have taught, reading always comes to the forefront. It is truly a joy to see a student discover a book that becomes their landmark book. The book we are reading now, They Cage The Animals At Night, is one of those books.
Post a Comment